If you’re a creative business owner who is tired of trading your time for money, it’s time to get clear on your why for online courses in your biz. Let’s dig down into why you want to create an online course and use that as your compass to give you more of what you desire in your life and your business.
I launched my very first online course, Beginner’s Guide to Fabric Printing, back in 2019 in four weeks using just my iPhone 5 and iMovie (a free editing software on Mac). I didn’t buy any new equipment, I didn’t have any fancy gear, and I didn’t take months and months to create the course.
And that first course changed the trajectory of my entire business.
I still remember the day I received my first payment from that course. I was sitting at my local car shop waiting for an oil change when I checked my email on my phone. There was a notification that I’d made $9 on the course.
I smiled because I realized that it could only grow from there (and also because I’d made income from work I had *already* completed while I was doing something else).
And grow it did. Just over a year later, I was able to go full-time in my business because of the revenue my online courses were bringing in.
And I know this is possible for you, too.
Get Clear on *Your* Why for Online Courses in Your Biz
Look, I’m not sure what your situation is today. But I want to ask you ONE question:
WHY do you want to publish your online course?
Think about it for a second.
Most likely, there are real reasons, important reasons, deep reasons. And your reasons, your desires, are your compass – they’ve landed with you on purpose. Your reason might be goals you want to achieve, experiences you want to have, people you want to spend more time with – and publishing your online course is a means to that end.
So I want to know, what are some of YOUR reasons for wanting to publish your first online course?
What is your ultimate goal?
I know there’s a bigger why behind your plans, your dreams, and your ideas.
It’s not to publish a course just for the sake of it.
Maybe for you it’s the following ways that an online course can help your biz. It could be about having:
- more time
- more freedom
- more time with your family
- more time to travel
- less overwhelm
- more time to work on your art
- more time to be out in nature
- less trading time for money
- more connection with your creative community
- more income supporting you, your biz, and your life
- more ease in your creative biz . . .
So what is it for you?
Why – your deeply-rooted WHY – do you want to publish your first online course?
Let me know in the comments! I love hearing from you!
Bring Your Why for Online Courses to Life
If you’re ready to take action on your why and bring your first online course to life, Press Publish is for you. I created this course because when I pressed publish on my first online course in 2019, I was searching far and wide for resources about how to create a course with ease, confidence, and clarity.
That meant I was overwhelmed as I cobbled together a ton of different “strategies,” advice, and ideas from all across Google.
I just wanted a simple, straightforward way to know how to publish my first online course with ease. There wasn’t a step-by-step guide at the time to eliminate the overwhelm, get out of “planning mode,” and get me moving toward my goal!
That’s why, after years of practice, I ended up creating my own step-by-step course creation process based on what I wish I had back then. This process saves me tons of headache, time, and energy when I create my online courses now!
Why I Made this Course for You
That’s why my big why for *finally* sharing this course with you (it’s been on my heart for years!) is that I want to show creatives – like you – how you can finally publish your first online course without needing tons of fancy equipment, prior teaching experience, or months and months of preparation.
The reason I’m so passionate about sharing all about this topic is because I know first-hand what it feels like to…
- Be burned out from schlepping materials and gear to in-person workshops
- Be so frustrated from being stuck in planning mode instead of taking action on the dream
- Desire connection with a larger, global audience of creatives with your skills and knowledge
- Deeply desire a passive income stream in your creative biz so you can spend more time with your family, your friends, making your art, and travel – all while making money in the background (I mean, yes please 😍).
That’s why now I’m *SO STOKED* to finally share Press Publish with you and every creative out there who is ready to to overcome the overwhelm and press publish on your first online course with ease!
This Press Publish Course will allow you to finally:
- Overcome the overwhelm of alllll the resources out there and take streamlined, clear action.
- Publish your first online course!
- Add a passive income stream to your creative biz (hey, hey money that comes in while you are sleeping, traveling, and creating!).
- Get out of “planning” mode and into action.
- Build a community of creatives who *love* your courses and become raving fans.
Even if you have never published an online course before (or hey, even if you have never even taught before!), or don’t have a course topic yet, this course is going to make creating *your* first online course so. much. simpler. (and faster!) for you!
Ready to Live Out Your Why?